09 June 2010

Couch to 5k

I've lately been looking for a short term fitness goal to get me moving. Yeah, sure, lose weight and get/stay healthy is good for the long run, but what gets me the quick reward that keeps me keepin' on to the long run?

The short run. Specifically a 5k run (about 3 miles). My dear friend Jess L. mentioned on her Facebook that she wanted to try a 5k since everyone else was talking about it. So a friend of *hers* suggested the Couch to 5k program. Basically, it is a simple, 9 week training program, designed to get you from completely sedentary (like me at the moment- my idea of a workout is bringing clean laundry from the basement to the second floor) to 5k ready. LINK!

I hope that Jess takes up the challenge with me, as it was her idea. I think she will. Who knows? Maybe I'll turn into someone who loves running. The site says you just might, if you follow their program properly and don't overdo it.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll also turn into someone who updates my blog more often than once a season. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment